Subsea Systems, Inc.
With proven performance in the marine environment, this product is rich in features including battery backup and RS-232 communications
The PI5600 is an automated, portable device used in conjunction with a cable tow reel and a sheave with magnets implanted around its periphery. The unit measures outgoing and incoming cable length to a resolution of +.001 ft, up to a maximum of +65,501.233 ft or +19,977.876 meters, (for a magnet-spacing of 1.999 feet).
The unit is environmentally sealed and its corrosion-resistant fabrication makes it the ideal instrument for harsh environments and oceanographic applications requiring an accurate reading of the amount of cable towed behind a vessel.
● Monitors cable deployment and recovery
● Provides measurements in feet or meters, and automatically converts between them
● Measures up to +65,501.233 feet or +19,977.876 meters,depending upon magnet-spacing
● Stainless steel, gasketed construction is environmentally sealed and corrosion-resistant
● Incorporates Backlight in LCD for low-light viewing
● Eliminates the need for any operator calculations
● Generates audible alarms when user-specified maximum / minimum payout setpoints are exceeded
● Allows the user to program maximum alarm, minimum alarm,and preset values
● Stores alarm and magnet-spacing values in non-volatile EEPROM
● Uses CMOS circuitry for low power consumption and high noise immunity
● Operates from an internal rechargeable battery during AC power loss
● Supports RS-232C communications
● Uses input from either a Subsea Systems or Sea-Mac sheave sensor
● Allows operator to reverse rotational sense without moving sheave
1. The variable "MS" is the magnet-spacing.
2. Magnet-spacing may be entered only in feet and must be a positive value.
3. A "count" is one passage of a magnet by the sheave sensor, and is equivalent to the magnet spacing.
4. Refers to spacing between magnetic fields, as defined by their effects on the sensor.
5. Battery assumed to be fully charged.
DOWNLOAD PDF FILE PI5600spec.pdf
Sensor Cables: Various lengths and terminations
RS-232C Cables: PI5600-to-DB25 or PI5600-to-DE9
Sheaves: Various diameters and magnet-spacings
Last modified: July 31, 2007